Saturday, February 27, 2010

Actually Living Life

So I have had a couple people ask me when I was going to write my next blog on the book “The Passion Test” by Janet Bray Attwood (thanks for reading my blog by the way) and Chris Attwood. This will be part two.

Every morning when I wake up I look in the mirror in my bathroom and I see a postcard that says “What am I doing to be more productive today?” I put it up there because I fell like it is an important question to ask yourself every day. It reminds me to live life, because sometimes I find myself just living in the motions of life.

Like I said before this book was very interactive from the start. After stating my top five passions, I then had to break down each of the passions creating different “markers”.

Passion: Maintaining Healthy Relationships

Markers:
- I love myself (only when you love yourself can you love others)
- I am an honest and a good friend daily
- I listen to others and am not selfish
- I work hard at keeping peace and happiness with those who I love

I then did that for my other 4 passion I have listed creating my markers.

The book states that “Everything made by man is created first in someone’s mind; then it becomes manifest in the world”. The book gives the example of the light bulb and Thomas Edison. This brings me to the next part of the book Intention, Attention and No Tension.

Intention is the choice to create. This brings me back to my passions, by writing down what my passions are and by visualizing them, they become my Intention. I am choosing to focus on those things in my life; the authors write “your results will always match your true intentions”.

Attention is what you are actually doing or the awareness to do. The book says that many people do habitual things everyday. Have you ever had a day where you get up and drive somewhere and think to yourself “how did I get here?” By creating new healthy productive goals/habits you can grow stronger. The books states you only need 21 days to create a new habit. So set goals and stick to them.
Ie. Getting more exercise, enjoying what I do, and seeking out fun activities

The Attwood’s say to “put your attention on all the good in your life, deal with the situations that must be dealt with and don’t dwell on anything that doesn’t support what you choose to create” that “laziness is a mask for the fear of failure”. By posting different questions on my mirror it reminds me what I really want to put my attention on.

The last thing is No Tension – “means exactly that. Creating intentions and putting your attention on them is a simple, easy, effortless process.” You don’t want to have to force yourself to do these things you want in life. So if you are unhappy then make it your intention and attention on being happy.

Ok, more to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment