Saturday, February 20, 2010

How I think sometimes…

I am sitting here watching the Olympics and thinking a couple of different things:

1. How cool it would be to win an Olympic gold medal.
2. How cool it would be to tell your kids/friends you were an Olympian
3. How can I become the next Simon Ammann (Gold medalist in ski jumping)?
4. Am I going to be able to finish this blog before my laundry is done?

My thoughts then started to go in different directions. I asked myself if I would be more of a summer Olympian, winter Olympian or both. I came to the conclusion that I like both of them so for this blog I am going to compete in both summer and winter Olympics. I thought about this for awhile and I think I am going to be a winter Olympian in ski jumping and a summer Olympian in sand volleyball.

The reasons:
I picked ski jumping because it just looks like a sweet sport and something I could do. If you know me at all you know I don’t like spinning so snowboarding and ice skating are out of the picture. I figure the lighter you are in ski jumping the farther you fly and the idea of flying is awesome. So I will drive to Tahoe next weekend to start my training.

I picked sand volleyball because the girls are so in shape and sand volleyball players just always look so cool. I don’t mind sand either so I think that will be a good fit for me, and again very little spinning and you get to be in the sun. It’s starting to be sunny again where I live so training for that won’t be a problem. I just have to see if Lauren will let me put some sand in her back yard. Other than that I am golden….well hopefully if you get what I mean.

The problem is this:
I blame my parents for not pushing me at the age of 3 to pursue my dreams of being a ski jumper and sand volleyball star. That being said I will have to start my Olympic dreams a little later than usual. I was watching the Olympics and they did a spot on the Swiss ski team and how at a very young age you go to a special ski school and it’s basically a training spot for the Olympics. My parents blew that one….so I guess I am going to have to do it on my own.

I will let you know how things turn out in these next couple of weeks. First I need to find a coach to train me.

Next stop….the Olympics!!

1 comment:

  1. Ohh Ken this gave me a good laugh! Best of luck chasing your dreams!

    ReplyDelete