Friday, February 12, 2010

How things have changed...

I got an assignment at work to go to the capital and pick up something from someone (names are not important for the story). The capital is maybe a 2 min drive from my office but that being said at the time I was not sure how big the package was going to be so I drove. I got there and parking was crazy, apparently every High School in California was visiting’s it that day. As I walked though security to get in (Arnold is a big deal come on) I noticed a group of girls and thought to myself.

“So many skinny jeans, are those in? What happened to the bell bottoms?”

“Did I really giggle that much?”

“People still block all the major hallways so it’s really uncomfortable for people to walk”

I was waiting for the elevator to go up to the top floor and I overheard some girls saying:

Girl - He told me he wanted to take things to the next level.

Girl 2- So what did you say?

Girl – That I would think about it.

Me – I said to myself (In High School to me the next level was making out in my parents hot tub. I wonder what she is talking about. I wanted to tell her to “be good and if you can’t be good be safe” but I didn’t. I moved on…I just hope I don’t see her on Teen Mom anytime soon.)

I thought about when I was in High School and something would happen and I thought it was the end of the world. I look back and laugh. Ha ha ha. My roommate and I talked about if we could go back in time what we would do a) change things b) keep it the same c) wouldn’t want to go back. I have come to realize I am a mix of all three. I think I would change some, keep some and I would not want to go back.

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment