Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sun vs. Shade


I decided I wanted to tan the other day. 

First I found a chair, poured myself a glass of red wine (obviously) and found a book. The next step was to find a good spot in the sun. I started reading and about five minutes later I realized I was getting way too hot and moved my chair into a spot in the shade. I guess I will always be that girl who puts on sun block while her friends put on tanning oil. 

While sitting in the shade, I started to watch the little boys across the street play with their dart guns. At first glance I could tell they were getting ready to attack someone. The oldest boy was shouting out orders to the other two boys on what trees to hide behind. By this point I was invested in their plan and trying to figure out who they were going to attack. Part of me was tempted to ask if I could play. 

While we were all waiting for our target I was trying to figure out where I would be if I was playing with them. While also trying not to stare at the little kids and scare them too much. 

A car soon pulls up to drop someone off and the oldest boy does the move of pointing at his eyes and then pointing at the soon to be victim like in the movies. Then all of a sudden the boys start shooting the dart bullets at an older gentleman with a cane. The little boy soon yells out “gotcha grandpa”. At that moment I was thankful I didn’t ask to play with them that would have been awkward.

I guess I will just stick to sitting in the shade thinking about the good times back in the day playing SPUD, kick the can and capture the flag with my neighborhood friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment