Sunday, May 13, 2012

LPGA Tour


I sometimes wonder if it is too late for me to become a professional golfer. I think to myself “wow wouldn’t it be fun to golf with Adam Scott, Steve Stricker, Matt Kucher, Ricky Fowler or Phil Mickelson?” The only “minor problem” is that I am not a man and those golfers are all male. Other than that I think I could do it. 

And the answer is yes…I do feel guilty that I don’t watch the LPGA (Ladies) tour. Hence the reason I did a little shout out to women golfers by calling this blog LPGA tour.  

Last week I played beer die and I needed to get the die in the cup to win. Do you know how much pressure that is when you are surrounded by a few hundred trees and 2 other people? Someone could probably compare that to playing in the Masters (a major golf tournement).  So when it comes to pressure, obviously it is not a problem. When it comes to skill. Lets just say my grandma thinks I have natural talent and she just happens to be the best golfer I know. My next step is to do more research on how to make my dream happen.

If it doesn’t…I guess I could always become best friends with one of those guys, I mean I am already best friends with Justin Timberlake, Ty Pennington and Harry Potter*. Speaking of famous friends…I realized last week that I should try to contact more famous people. I am not talking about the “uber” famous like Brad Pitt or Britney. I am thinking more Van Morrison, Norah Jones or Diane Lane.  I am working on creating a cover letter to send to them to extend my friendship (as well as secretly ask for a signed picture). Maybe my next blog will be my letter to them so I can get feedback. 

*I call him Harry Potter even though his real name is Daniel Radcliffe because when I met him he was shorter than me and that made me a little sad. How is someone who is 5'4 going to kill "he who shall not be named?" 

1 comment:

  1. You can always defeat "he who shall not be named" - btw -get over it - say 'Lord Voldemort' five times to get it right...no, wait, only say it four times,...I think five times actually calls him forth...not sure...anyway, the point (if I can remember) is that you have to have a magic stick..for you I am thinking a wedge or 9 iron should do it....just sayin'...
    rlw

    ReplyDelete