Friday, July 23, 2010

It's been a pleasure helping you today.

I have realized many of the new blogs I am coming across are written by middle aged women with kids. Don’t get me wrong there is nothing wrong with that, but how do I compete against a cute kid who with bows in her hair. Yes this is a competition. I don’t really know how but trust me I can make it one.



On a totally different note - Day in the life of an Event Planner....

The other day I had an interesting conversation with someone on the phone. He called to get some information and then proceeded to lecture me on phone etiquette. A guy calls in and is looking for a restaurant but he doesn’t know the name restaurant or really the type of food they serve, so I ask him how he knows of this restaurant and he says he may have seen something on food network.

My first thought: Why are you calling us? But the conversation went as followed...

Me: Ok, can I put you on hold for one second while I look up something online?
Him: Don’t time stamp me?
Me: I am sorry what did you say?
Him: You should never time stamp. You said one second when you are fully aware that it is going to take more than one second to look up something.
Me: Oh, well…ok…can I put you on hold?
Him: Yes you can.
Me: (I come back). Ok sir well I am not really finding anything, but I do have another organization you can call that deals specifically with restaurants and they might be able to help you more. Here is the number.
Him: Thank you very much for your help, you were very helpful.
Me: You are welcome, have a good day.
Him: Wrong again.
Me: Huh?
Him: You are supposed to say “it has been a pleasure helping you today”
Me: Ok....It has been a pleasure helping you today, goodbye.

I am not kidding about 2 hours later I get a call transferred to me and its him letting me know that he found the restaurant and said if he ever came downtown for lunch he would call me to see if I wanted to go to the Pasty Shack with him.

My response: It was a pleasure helping you today, goodbye.

Ps. Happy Birthday Brittany!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment