Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Just Call me Norah Jones

I woke up today feeling like it’s the month to make a change in my life. I thought today was a good day to get out and try something new. Today was a good day to open my eyes to something I have never done before. (Reading my first sentence I want to make it clear I am not addicted to anything or have any bad habits) I am not sure if it is because we had a 3 day weekend so I got a lot of rest but I woke up thinking “wow today is the day”.

While taking the elevator up to the third floor where I work I was asking myself “What can I do today that’s different” and “What can I do to be more productive today?” Then I sat down at the front desk and my excitement and enthusiasm for the day went from 10 to 5 in a matter of one phone call. At work we deal with politics sometimes and I had someone call in (because yes I switched days now I am at the front desk on Tuesdays) and ask me why we didn’t make a stance against some Bill and went on to explain how mad she was that we said “no opinion”. I listened to what she had to say and then I told her I would tell someone how she felt. I felt a little guilty because the problem is no one here could help her, that decision was made by a board of directors made up of volunteers, but I just gave her an email address to complain too and she went on her way.

It is ok though because things turned around because I got a lot done at work and then after work I had piano lessons (yes if you want to know, I am going to be the next Norah Jones). I am also planning a new work out program to get big GUNS. My goal right is to be able to arm wrestle people and win. (Right now I am lifting the pole but soon I will be putting weight on it). That being said I am realizing that it’s not so much changing life but some little things in life.

I am going to start with a problem/solution section for my blog. Today’s problem and solution is brought to you by my friend Anna.

Today’s Problem: Mikes Hard Lemonade used to be me and my friends favorite drink back in high school. Now I don’t think any of us can take down one of them because they are so sweet.

Anna’s solution: Add a shot of Jose Cuervo into the Mikes Hard.

Thank you Anna for supporting my Problem and Solution segment and if anyone else is interested in shooting me a problem and solution please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment