Sunday, March 28, 2010

My New Approach To Gain New Followers...

Until you write a blog you don’t realize all of these different things you can do. From my blog you are able to read many other blogs and you start to appreciate the people who are able to blog everyday. I have realized that for people to make comments on my blog and to follow my blog I need to make it a lot more “intense” (like camping). That is going to be my goal. I have been trying to read a lot of other people’s blogs in hopes to gain some ideas while keeping my own style (if I even have a style). I hope then my followers will go from 7 (thank you to those 7 people) to 70 (my goal). I am still trying to think of what I am going to do if I reach my goal. I will let you know.

I came across one blog that had music attached. I thought that was pretty cool until I got about half way though reading the blog, then it got old.

Approach 1. I came across a person who writes poems. He had 200+ followers. I thought I would try.

Light Bulb
My light bulb is broken
Oh what should I do?
Some may say buy a new one
My light bulb is broken
I forget to buy new
So now I sit with candles
My light bulb is broken
The end.

What can I say I have a gift and yes that was a true story (poem).

Approach 2. I came across a blog where someone took a picture and then they explain the picture to everyone, who was in it and what they were thinking when they took it. This lady had 300+ followers.



Here is the story for this picture. For my birthday I took my three Italian friends to Napa. We joked many times that their tour guide around Napa was from Wisconsin but I think I held my own. On a side note, spending much time in both Napa and Sonoma I can say that Sonoma is in fact better.

As my friend Dwight would say: FACT: Sonoma is better.

The picture is funny because when we got to the first vineyard we were looking at the flags, the conversation went like this:

Me: Oh do you want to take a picture of the California flag with the American flag?
Them: I guess
Me: Oh we don’t need to walk on the road we can just walk on the grass to get closer to the flags. (This is why we are known as lazy Americans)

We get about half way out when I realize that it is in fact very wet and muddy. They end up getting mud all over their shoes. The conversation went as followed:

Me: What are you guys talking about in Italian? (This was me the whole day, huh what? ha ha)
Them: Oh how funny you are, how this is a good story
Me: Oh, thanks?
Them: Would you mind taking a picture of our feet?



That is what I think about when I look at these pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment