Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wednesday’s are special

Sometimes I think my life is weird. That is until I sit at the front desk at work. Today was again one of those days were I sit and think to myself “wow people are special”.

Story 1

Her – I have a really weird question to ask you.
Me – Ok, well how can I help you?
Her – I need to find a guy named Frank and I can’t find him.
Me - PAUSE
Me – Ok well who is Frank and why do you need to find him?
Her- I graduated with him and I am trying to find him for our class reunion.
Me – Ok, can you give me the company he works for or anymore information about him?
Her- Well, I contacted his 97 year old father who told me that he is stops in once a year for a day at a time.
Me- Ok
Her- I was told he works for a Circus. I do not know what circus he works for and that is what I am trying to figure out. I did check Google. Do you have the number for a Circus?
Me- Well I have the numbers for a couple Circuses but I am not sure if I am the right person to contact about this.
Her – Well I don’t even know if this guy is alive still or not. I just need to find him.
Me – Here are some numbers I found, you might what to try these people.

Story 2

Her – I was told there is a bear in my neighborhood. I was wondering if you could call me when I am safe to come outside again.
Me – What?
Her – Here is my number please call me when it is safe to come out.

Story 3

Him – A guy left his dog outside and I don’t see any food or water by the dog.
Me – Ok, well….
Him – (Not lying) Do you know what time the guy is coming home? I am just really worried about the dog. What should I do?
Me – I am not sure, maybe you could put water by the dog.
Him – Thanks, ok, bye.


Story 4

Her – My daughter is missing and I was told the Chamber of Commerce would help arrange a search party for her.
Me – Have you called 911?
Her – Yes and I don’t think they are doing anything
Me- I am not the person you should speak with, let me find out who you should talk with.

Good thing I am only at the front desk for one day a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment