Monday, January 18, 2010

We have all had them....

So this week I have been through a lot. My last blog was about a final interview that I went on last Monday. I am happy to say I got that job. Although my two month “vacation” has ended, I will no longer be poor anymore which is a plus. I got the offer letter and started 3 days later. So that being said I will still be writing blogs. I hope to be able to put out 2 or 3 a week.

I have promised my friend Steph for a really long time that I would write a blog on good bosses vs. bad bosses.

Bad Boss

1. Don’t let you yawn and if you do threaten that they will make you leave the office
2. Throw things at your head for not looking at them while they are talking
3. Stand outside and slow clap when you show up 2 min late
4. Doesn’t listen to you
5. Thinks they have nothing to learn
6. Swear at you and when you tell them its unprofessional to swear in a work setting they make you leave for the day
7. Clap in your face while you are on the phone with a client and when you tell them to stop they tell you to stop having lip and tell you to apologize.
8. Tells you not to ever ask questions or question them
9. Screams at you when a customer can hear you while you are on the phone
10. Micromanages you
11. Tells you to work harder but they don’t work hard
12. Has bi polar tendencies
13. Doesn’t plagiarize your work
14. They don’t tell someone they need to be more invested when they are never at work
15. When you tell your boss what you had for lunch he doesn’t make a comment about your work performance suffering from it.

Good Boss

1. Tells you start time is 8:00 but understand things happen so as long as you show up by 8:30 its fine, or just call.
2. Lets you be creative and listens to your ideas
3. Doesn’t micromanage you
4. Tells you to ask questions if you have problems
5. Teaches you
6. Respects employees and understand that they are the company’s most important resource
7. A good team leader

No comments:

Post a Comment