Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Elevator Story

My Elevator Story: My name is Kennedy…I grew up in Madison, Wisconsin, and went to school at the University of Wisconsin – River Falls. About a year ago I moved to Northern California to start a new adventure. I have two homes one in Loomis and one in San Franciscoon the weekends. I love to try new things and enjoy meeting new people.

I have read many blogs over the years and I have finally decided to write my own. Why? Because I love to learn, be creative and express to others my thoughts. A lot of people who write blogs (well ones that I have read) start out by saying they have had a love for writing since a young age or they are in fact writers by profession. Let’s just say I am totally different than those people.

The first time I remember ever writing a story I had so many spelling errors that my teacher had my mom come in to meet with her. I got diagnosed with dyslexia days later. Since then I have gone through “treatments” to help me with my dyslexia and I am happy to say I am now a college graduate (in business not English lets not get ahead of ourselves). I will admit I still need to put up the “L’s” with my hands to figure out which way is left and right.

I guess it’s time to tell everyone what I will be writing about. I have thought about this for awhile now. I was told by many people that this can make or break a blog and since I plan on my blog making me millions I need to get it right. This blog will not totally be about me. I am going to talk about four different topics: travel, food and wine, politics and how to. All things I love.

In school I always loved doing research and preferred writing papers instead of taking tests. There are two things I hope to bring to this blog: information and humor. I am also a big fan of Wikipedia (not only because they were one of my clients at work, but I just love the quick fix or blast of knowledge). I know people view Wikipedia as not a “valid source” but I am good friends with the Director of Engineering and I am hear to tell you that 90% (made up number) of the information found on the Wiki sites is pretty valid. That being said I would still never cite Wikipedia as a source. I guess my quest is to be that quick fix or blast of knowledge in peoples lives daily, as so many blogs I read daily are for me.

I would love any feedback in regards to the blogs I write and or future topics you maybe would like me to discuss. Any comments or emails would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment