Tuesday, November 1, 2011

"We are the 97%" - OMR

Update 1: Today I started my first day of not being able to use debit and credit cards. At lunch I drove to the bank and took out a lump sum of money. I don’t really know what I expected but part of me thought it was going to be a big deal that I was taking out hundreds of dollars. While I was standing in line I was thinking of all of these crazy stories I could tell the teller as to why I was taking out this money…but it turns out the teller didn’t care. I know I won’t have a problem with not using my credit card because I don’t use it very often but I use my debit card at least once a day so I can see where not being able to use it might get tricky. I appreciate all the feedback people have given me. I received a lot of tips from people who use cash a lot and even some reasons as to why using cards is better. That being said I am excited to try this out and hopefully by the end of the month I will still have some money left over :)

Update 2: After a lot of thoughtful consideration I have decided that I am no longer going to get Netflix DVD’s in the mail. I thought about cancelling all together but I just couldn’t do it and I still do stream movies sometimes. I wanted to be able to say stick it to the “man” like everyone else but I can't quite kick my movie habit all at once. As a few of my friends know I have talked about starting a “We are the 97%”…you might ask how I came to that number so I will tell you. 1% is DVD rental stores, 1% Netflix and 1% Redbox. Who knows maybe I will start an Occupy Movie Rentals. I remember “back in the day” when companies would answer to their movie customers not to their wall street investors. They all have failed me in one way or the other so all I have to say is...watch out OMR may be coming to the city near you!

Update 3: Due to the fact that I no longer will be getting DVD’s by mail I am sad to say I have to stop my movie critique. I will still watch movies it just might not be all his. It is hard to find older movies these days…I can’t believe I am saying this but I kind of miss Blockbuster.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment