Thursday, August 19, 2010

Can Your State Be Formed By Your Hand?

I was in a policy meeting last week when my boss asked me where I was going on vacation. Being from Wisconsin the first thing you think to do is put your hand and form it into the shape of Wisconsin. Then you point to where you live. I soon realized that this might look very funny being that I work in California. My boss got it right away because he too is from the Midwest. Everyone else in the meeting just looked at me funny. I then tried to make Upper Michigan out of my other hand. The problem is then you don’t have a hand to point. So my boss then came over and he made the UP out of his hand so I could point. I wont lie I got a couple "thats cool" from people. I proceeded to point out Madison, Milwaukee, and RiverFalls. Moral of the story Wisconsin is the best state to make with your hand.



It is funny to think about some of the big things that used to bother you and then you move to another state and those things go away. If anyone knows me they know I get bite a lot by all kinds of bugs. It doesn’t rain in Cali for most of the year so bugs don’t really come out. I know my friends here would say I am crazy but they also have never been to the Midwest in the summer. This whole summer I had maybe 2 bites on me from camping. I go to midwest for 4 days; I come back with 20+ bites. So Wisco might be able to make a state out of a hand but Cali has fewer bugs.

Its a wash...haha

No comments:

Post a Comment